Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Riverbend Fishing Report

I went to Riverbend tonight.  The water is up a little, slightly tinged, and moving quickly.  I worked my butt off and managed to hook and loose an okay sized smallmouth.  It bit on an orange and black clowser's. 

I fished for 4 hours and didn't get any more smallmouth action.  I managed to avoid the skunk by hooking a few bream. 

Various flied were tried.  I used a shenks white streamers, Hellgramite nymph patterns, cray fish patterns, and a bunch of other flies.

I noticed the water temperature is down some, thank God.  It will probably fish better by the end of the week when the levels of the river drops to normal and it clears up all the way.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/SqYal3upVOcJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment