Saturday, July 28, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Paint Branch and first fish on my own fly

I won a vice at the last Beer Tie, and later that week, Miles set me up with all the essentials to tie a few (trout) flies on my own.  This morning I finally had the chance to take these (not exactly) beauties for a spin.  I've been curious about the Paint Branch for some time, so I decided to fish the mile or so downstream from Fairland Road.  I didn't see the brown trout that are rumored to be in the water, but I had plenty of fun with the aggressive strikes from the panfish and chubs.  Attached are the first two fish I caught on my own flies: one nymph and one dry (a bead head pheasant tail and an adams).  It really is a lot more fun to catch them on your own flies, even when the fish aren't that impressive.  Thanks again Miles and Dan and all the folks who gave me a few pointers at the Beer Tie!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment