Friday, July 27, 2012

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Probably redundent and definately subjective question on fly selection

Hey Carl,
 
     Thanks for the good info, Sorry if I was a little vague in my questioning, I was mainly trying to figure out if I could use those flies on the 6 wt  (I figured I could use on that size) and my 5 wt.  The 5 wt. was the one I was more concerned about but I will give it a try until I can tie some smaller streamers.  I currently dont have smaller streamers other than some wooly buggers but I have not had any success with them.  As far as the fish type, I do understand what you mean .  I did mention that I was going for small mouth in small lakes and river but maybe I should have clarified it was bass with some possible striper schoolies.  I did not have much more information at that point due to not visiting the site yet.  I will actually  be adding a post about yesterdays trip right after this one.  I plan on going back today to give it another try but please check out the post to help explain more.
 
     As far as fishing my 5 wt., I mainly have some dry flies, a couple nymphs and those woolies I mentioned earlier but unfortunately I dont have any putty to help keep it down.  I may have to go a little MCGYVER (for those under 30, it may involve chewing gum, paper clips and a little mental grease)and figure something out.
 
 
Will keep you informed,  :)
 
Aaron 
 


 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/B9t-I5VKhtgJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment