Wednesday, October 22, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Report from Western Massachussets

Hey Ya'll,
This is my first post here, and I wanted to share one of my stories with you guys. I go to school up in Western Massachussets, and I found this tiny pond ( maybe 100x200 feet) on campus, and I figured that it would be worth to get a line into the water after class. I had caught several 1-2lb largemouths earlier. One day, I decided to use this fly (streamer) that I got back in 2004-- and hadnt used since. 
I casted out just past the "shelf" of the pond and started a fast retrieve when it hit me like a bulldozer. It felt like I got caught up on vegetation on the floor. Then I saw this massive guy jump out of the water.
Anyways, I finally bring him in and am shocked to see that something this large (8-10 pounds maybe) was in such a pathetic looking pond.
So I snapped a picture of him and went off to baseball practice afterwards!
All in al, fun day fishing at school.
For reference, I am 6 foot 2, if that helps tell how long this guy was~2 feet

Happy Fishing this winter,
Alex

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/757a7674-ff2d-4a9d-900e-6f26752abc2c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment