Thursday, September 27, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Accotink & Holmes run trout

I assumed it was stocked on Oct. 1st because the DGIF site says trout licenses are required on those waters from Oct. 1st - June 15th.  The site does not have the 2012 stocking schedule on the site right now, but I was able to find one from 2011 and it was on Oct 21st when they stocked it last year.

On Friday, September 21, 2012 1:03:05 PM UTC-4, Eric Kruel wrote:
I am pretty excited about trout fishing this year, since it will be my first attempt for trout on the fly.  I understand that both Accotink creek (Wakefield park) and Holmes run will both be stocked with trout on Oct. 1st.  I have fished Accotink creek below lake Accotink in the past with a spinning outfit, but I believe they quit stocking that portion a few years ago.  It was pretty much elbow to elbow fishing with the person next to you, not really my favorite type of fishing.  Should I expect the same sort of thing in the Wakefield park section & Holmes run?  Also any advise on patterns would be great.  I plan on heading out to some streams in the Shenandoah region, any suggestions on some I might want to try that aren't more than 1-1/2 - 2 hours from the beltway?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/GJ0wA9W9agEJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment