Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Strip basket

I'll second the note on fanny and sling packs tendency to hit the water.  On that note however, I have a sling, I absolutely love it, and I can't imagine any other pack working any better.  When wading deep I just have to remind myself to cinch it a little tighter, or else slide it higher on my shoulder.  In fact, I've been wading up to my upper chest at Riverbend (not recommended btw) with the sling pack rotated out of the water on my shoulder.  It's also very unobtrusive to a left handed caster - tho I can't vouch for a righty.

On stripping baskets in the salt, I constructed one out of ~$8 in materials from Target and it functioned admirably. Unfortunately it was not very packable and it was left in Mexico when it was displaced in my luggage by souvenirs.  I have since picked up a Mangrove Hipshooter that breaks down into a slightly slimmer package that is pretty great in the limited use it has seen so far (jetty, beach, and boat).  Like Charlie, the key for me is getting low enough below my waist to be functional and not get in the way of the actual stripping motion.     


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/byP3Yq0erGkJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment