Sunday, December 30, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Has anyone done well at Four Mile Run recently?

Best part of fishing 4MR today:  nobody else to see me (the ultimate newbie) & my buddy flail.  I'm sad to say that NO fish were harmed/harassed/carefully released in the incredibly windy & cold conditions.  The outfall was unworkable because of the gusts.  Conditions were better near the bridges but I didn't do anything better than a single nibble between noon and two-thirty as the tide was going out.  And I couldn't stop smiling because:  

1) I was comfortable with the area thanks to Rob S. (whose excellent guide services were a birthday gift from my wife).  Would never have found any of this (group, area, fun) without him.  If I hadn't been spending $$$ buying gear I would have been booking more time with him this past couple of months.
2) I was wearing new waders personally fitted & sized by Miles.
3) Dan had recently re-spooled my reel with a line that I already had & shared a bunch of knowledge with me free of charge.
4) We were throwing flies we had tied at a TPFR Beer Tie.
5) I was on the water with a friend.

Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge & experience.  Can't wait to learn more and actually catch some fish when the conditions improve.  The best part of this group is its inclusiveness.

Cheers,
Jeff


On Friday, December 28, 2012 9:35:14 AM UTC-5, Paul Kalajainen wrote:
From the last few posts I've read it seems like the action is slowing down even at 4MR, and it's colder now than it was then.  I was hoping to get out on Monday with my brother before he heads back to college.  It's supposed to be 42 degrees that day - should we just hang out and tie some flies or is it worth going out?  Also - what kind of gloves do you all wear?  I can't figure out how to keep my hands warm and still be able to feel the line/tie knots/etc.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/4VXxCFWVUdcJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment