Monday, December 31, 2012

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Has anyone done well at Four Mile Run recently?

A few things, mostly with the intention of restoring some civility here.

1- Brendan, I dont think the underlying issue here is what you are saying, but how you are saying it.  You and I have butted heads in the past, but since then I have been really impressed with the contributions you have made to these discussions.  I would certainly love to buy you a bunch of beers and pick your mind.  But your notes have also had a very caustic and aggressive tone to them.  It's my opinion that an honest apology, without caveats or 'buts', is in order.  Take that as you will.

2-  I think, as with most online conversations, the tone in general has gotten a bit out of hand.  Some of the responses to Brendan's emails focus on points he made 3-4 posts ago, and some are meeting incivility with incivility.  I'm not trying to call anyone out here, but let's all just take a step back.







Sent from my mobile device

On Dec 31, 2012, at 8:00 PM, TurbineBlade <doublebclan@gmail.com> wrote:

Long responses -- to me it's simple.  If hotspotting ("troutspotting" for the remainder of this message) pisses you off, you probably feel that:

1.  trout are superior to other species

2.  trout waters are superior to non-trout waters

Keeping secrets is perfectly fine.  Listen. It's quiet.  The silence you hear is all the people on the forum not sharing secrets, but also not posting angry messages about it when someone mentions throwing woolly buggers in pocket water.  

I'll probably be dead in 30-40 years.  Because of this (the death thing), and because I disagree with #1-2, I couldn't care less about troutspotting. 

Plus, I love hellbenders.  

Gene

On Friday, December 28, 2012 9:35:14 AM UTC-5, Paul Kalajainen wrote:
From the last few posts I've read it seems like the action is slowing down even at 4MR, and it's colder now than it was then.  I was hoping to get out on Monday with my brother before he heads back to college.  It's supposed to be 42 degrees that day - should we just hang out and tie some flies or is it worth going out?  Also - what kind of gloves do you all wear?  I can't figure out how to keep my hands warm and still be able to feel the line/tie knots/etc.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/y7ix4v0bI98J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment