Saturday, December 29, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Kayak Paddle

I know there are several posts on here specifically about kayaks, but I'm wondering about paddles. My wonderful wife (enabler that she is), got me an inflatable Kayak for Christmas, and I'm planning to get a paddle (and a paddle leash) for it this weekend. The Kayak is the Kwik-Tek Airhead Single Person, and it's my first boat. 

Is there anything that I need to consider when getting a paddle? I plan on using the boat on flat water like Roaches Run and probably on sections of the Potomac - Gravelly Point and Fletcher's.

Any advice on paddle length, design, etc. would be very useful. 

Thanks!

--Scott

================================================

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment