Sunday, December 30, 2012

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Has anyone done well at Four Mile Run recently?

Jeff
Totally agree with Matt.
Hope to see you out there.
John


Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 30, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Longley <matthew.longley@gmail.com> wrote:

That's great Jeff!  A day on the water with no bites beats pretty much any other day.  If you ever wanna slap water with another noob, shoot me an email.

Sent from my mobile device

On Dec 30, 2012, at 8:09 PM, Jeff <jeffrey.vorce@gmail.com> wrote:

Best part of fishing 4MR today:  nobody else to see me (the ultimate newbie) & my buddy flail.  I'm sad to say that NO fish were harmed/harassed/carefully released in the incredibly windy & cold conditions.  The outfall was unworkable because of the gusts.  Conditions were better near the bridges but I didn't do anything better than a single nibble between noon and two-thirty as the tide was going out.  And I couldn't stop smiling because:  

1) I was comfortable with the area thanks to Rob S. (whose excellent guide services were a birthday gift from my wife).  Would never have found any of this (group, area, fun) without him.  If I hadn't been spending $$$ buying gear I would have been booking more time with him this past couple of months.
2) I was wearing new waders personally fitted & sized by Miles.
3) Dan had recently re-spooled my reel with a line that I already had & shared a bunch of knowledge with me free of charge.
4) We were throwing flies we had tied at a TPFR Beer Tie.
5) I was on the water with a friend.

Thanks to everyone for imparting their knowledge & experience.  Can't wait to learn more and actually catch some fish when the conditions improve.  The best part of this group is its inclusiveness.

Cheers,
Jeff


On Friday, December 28, 2012 9:35:14 AM UTC-5, Paul Kalajainen wrote:
From the last few posts I've read it seems like the action is slowing down even at 4MR, and it's colder now than it was then.  I was hoping to get out on Monday with my brother before he heads back to college.  It's supposed to be 42 degrees that day - should we just hang out and tie some flies or is it worth going out?  Also - what kind of gloves do you all wear?  I can't figure out how to keep my hands warm and still be able to feel the line/tie knots/etc.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/4VXxCFWVUdcJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment