Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} turn your high-end fly rod into and even higher-end tenkara rod

Oh man, Thomas, I have slayed bass on the Banjo minnow. I stopped using the corkscrew a long time ago and just run the hook through the nose of the plastic. Caught lots of 3-5 lb bass in Central Texas that way. 

My stupidest fishing purchase was the baitcasting rod and reel that I intended for catfishing but that I only got to put to use maybe twice ever in my childhood. That damn thing was a high end reel that backlashed so easily... about the same time in my life I bought a circular hoop net that attached to a rope, which I intended to put over the side wall of the dam I was fishing off the top of (at Canyon Lake in TX). I had hooked a big ass catfish from the top the only time I ever went. I bought that net then never went back. It's all so painfully stupid because as a kid I had limited means and every dollar spent on fishing gear was precious!! So to have allocated funds towards expensive one time use gear is uncomfortable for me to think about.

Recently, there's all the yellow perch gear I bought after purchasing Shawn Kimbro's book "Chesapeake Panfish." I still have yet to catch a migratory yellow perch...

Knot tying tools gotta be up there somewhere with the leader straightening tool...

I have purchased lots of fly tying material that has turned out to be useless. 

I could go on...

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f492137a-5131-4d11-b268-df2c69b473c5o%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment