Saturday, June 20, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Chest packs

I went from a chest pack to the first Orvis sling pack. My only issue with that model was no water bottle holder. From there I purchased a Patagonia sling which has a water bottle holder. No complaints other than any webbing/strap on any item made for fly anglers should not have folded over sections as pictured below. The only purpose of this feature is to snag fly line. They are just as bad as the metal clip on the inside of your wader gravel guard. 

I mostly fish with a day pack I picked up at the thrift store. Inline image

Rob Snowhite 


On Friday, June 19, 2020, 04:55:46 PM EDT, namfos <mark.sofman@gmail.com> wrote:


Being an old fart and a kayak fisher, I also own a chest pack and a Richardson flybox and I wouldn't wear a chest pack in the boat either. I'm too uncomfortable not being able to see what's below the pack, sitting or standing. I have a Native Ultimate, sort of a canoe/kayak/sit-in hybrid. 

Mark


On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 10:25:44 AM UTC-4, Kevin KB wrote:
There are some interesting comments regarding different styles of sling packs.  The topic of chest packs were brought up but not really discussed too much.  What are people opinions on using chest packs for kayak fishing, especially sit in kayak fishing?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/8545bf50-aa90-4dc4-ac84-3a8f2363b1ceo%40googlegroups.com
.

No comments:

Post a Comment