Saturday, June 30, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Tidal Basin Fly Fishing

Hi Everyone, 

Went out to the Tidal Basin earlier today, on what was a beautiful morning after that crazy storm last night. I'm pretty new to the sport, and while my ambition and enthusiasm keep me going, this was my 3rd trip out without a bite. I hit the area down by the Ohio Dr. bridge with some Wooly Buggers and a Clouser Minnow, between about 6:45 and 9 am. I saw a few big fish splashing around... so I was encouraged to keep trying. 

I suppose my main questions are: A.) how often should you change a fly if you're not getting a response? and B.) how long should one fish the same spot before moving? 

I realize both of these could be a question of patience as well, some wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone. 

Matt


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/bI9DyiBGFaUJ.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment