Thursday, June 28, 2012

RE: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} lost fly box

Hope you find it. I’ve been in your shoes before. My first box from my dad, I almost lost.  That poor guy in one of those pictures swimming after his boat, was me on the Shenandoah swimming after that box with at least 100 dry flies in it.  I recovered it about .25 mile down river.  Best of luck to finding it.

 

Danny Barrett

 

dannytbarrett@gmail.com

(540)222-8064

 

From: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com [mailto:tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of jackm
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:48 PM
To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} lost fly box

 

I fished gravelly point today for the first time ever, and discovered that my fly box was not in my unzipped vest pocket when I went to change flies.

I usually don't wade so deep, and I guess the box just drifted away.

I wouldn't make a big deal of it, but my brothers gave the box to me 18 years ago. It's an olive green Orvis box with a hokey Norman Maclean quote on the back. Filled with trout flies and a bunch of saltwater deceivers and poppers.

If anyone finds it, I'm offering a case of beer in your favorite flavor.

Sentimental value mostly.

I'd love to be reunited.

Thanks much. Sorry for the sob story;)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/Ue5OdtrgJSMJ.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment