Friday, November 22, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: 4 Mile Run report 2013.11.08

4MR has been good to me lately.  Last week I hooked into a big blue catfish right under the water discharge.  I wasn't expecting anything big, so I was fishing with my 5 wt.  After about 15 minutes I finally landed him.  He measured 33" and I'm guessing about 20 pounds.

I was there again tonight (Nov 22) from about 4:30 to 7.  I started with a small popper on the south bank and landed a miniscule blue gill.  If we're being generous it was about 2".  I started having trouble seeing the popper and put on an olive and white clouser.  When I got down to the bridge some guys were fishing there already, so I walked across the bridge and went to fish from the north side near the power pole.  I pulled out two crappie on back to back casts. First crappie on a fly, so I was starting to feel pretty good.

I walked down the path there towards the water discharge to finish up the night.  I missed a pretty good strike on my first cast there, but about 10 minutes later I got another chance.  I landed what I believe to be a walleye (can someone confirm based on the pic?)  I've never caught one before, and I didn't think 4MR is somewhere I'd find them.  At this point it was dark and I was wearing a headlamp, scanning across the water there were several sets of eyes that looked just like the walleye I had just pulled in at the bottom of the small pool there.  I fished for another 30 minutes or so hoping to get another, but to no avail.

Anyway, gotta enjoy this weather while it lasts!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/5f3fb262-3546-491d-9f0f-b0fdafe48e7b%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment