Saturday, November 9, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: 4 Mile Run report 2013.11.08

Paul - You are killing it lately!!! 

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 11:18:19 AM UTC-5, Paul Kalajainen wrote:
I went to 4MR last night around 5:30 and the water was as low as I've ever seen it.  Over half the river was totally dry.  

I missed a small hit right when I gut there by a small silver fish that I just caught a glimpse of as it went for my clouser.  Fished any deeper (more than 1' deep) holes I could find with no more tajes before heading to the warm water discharge.

The tree that's normally in the middle of the water there was totally on dry ground, you could walk to within 20' of the water discharge without getting your feet wet. I tried to get done pictures but it was so dark none of them came out.

I stripped a chartreuse clouser through the current there for maybe 15 minutes and was about to call it a night when I caught a little 6'' striper - my first fish at 4MR.  It's been a very satisfying week.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/04a3e318-00b8-4440-9204-d3abf48df218%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment