Wednesday, November 13, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Bermuda Fishing Info Needed

Hello all!

I will be going to Bermuda in May 2014 and am going to try and land an elusive bonefish. I know i have time before i go but wanted to go ahead send out the the feelers to get as much info as i can. I currently have typical trout fly rods (Hydros 4wt and Access 6wt) and will need to get a saltwater rod. From what i have read an 8wt would do the trick. I would like to be able to also use this to fish the Potomac, especially when the shad run. So is 8wt what i need or should i step up to a 9wt? Any suggestions on rods? i don't want to spend a fortune but would like bang for my buck because i typically fish streams and this rod will not get as much use as my trout rods. ANy suggestions on line? i have seen bonefish line but will that work for a all around saltwater line or should i buy an extra spool and line? Has anyone been fishing in Bermuda and can give me suggestions an where to fish? Leader suggestions? And lastly, what flies should i take with me? I know that is a lot, which is why i am asking 6+ months in advance. Thanks for helping me out!

Cameron 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/82065ca2-487b-45d8-87ee-7dd9c2eded7d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment