Thursday, May 29, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Tidal Basin anyone?

Aaron!  

First order of business is to repel competitors!  Some friendly person asks you a question?  Answer politely.  Another person asks a question 2 minutes later?  Still be polite, but make the answer more concise.  3rd person asks a question?  You make weedeater sounds and maintain eye contact until they walk away.  Really put effort into it -- you want nylon cord gnashing woody vegetation, turning your socks green at 200 mph.  

Gene

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 12:37:19 AM UTC-4, Aaron O wrote:
       I have the afternoon off on Thursday and plan to fish the Tidal Basin starting around 2 pm until dark.  I don't know about anyone else but I've ben skunked more times that I want to admit here but I can't seem to give up on the place.  I know people catch fish all the time here and I consider it a personal challenge to catch some large size fish here.  It also doesn't hurt just how close it is for me to fish it (approximately 5 metro stops on the same metro line I normally use).  I've spoken to multiple people in the group and everyone of course says the same suggestions (follow the wall, incoming and outgoing tides, both cast along the wall and out into the basin, etc..), I just need to make it work for me.

       I plan on bringing my 7 wt. with clousers, woolly buggers, shad darts, and other baitfish patterns and my 5 wt. with floating line for possible top water action.  I have not decided whether to use my floating line or my sinking (depth charge) line on the 7 wt. as I know the debt charge is over kill but I want to make sure my flies are getting to the bottom where it seems like most people are catching fish currently.  I don't know how deep the water gets but I'm guessing 20 feet deep towards the center.

       If anyone is interested in joining me, please feel free to contact me or just look for me on the water. I'll be the guy cursing at the fly stuck in the trees. 


Aaron

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b26eda98-34ff-42f7-b6f0-55fa2d143a8c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment