Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} My new bass killers!

Aden,

Just wanted to clarify something for the guys here on the board – Mason Neck is large… there are a bunch of creeks, but there is also the federal wildlife refuge – fishing on or from the refuge is prohibited, but elsewhere outside of the refuge is fine:


Just making sure everyone knows the regulations before you head out.


R



Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 Google_Maps_Marker

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313 | richard@urbanangler.com  urban-signature-facebook  urban-signature-twitter



From: Aden Tracy <adentracy@gmail.com>
Reply-To: <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM
To: <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} My new bass killers!

Hey all,
Seeing as I am off work for a while now, I have had lots of time to play with flies, tie new patterns and fish almost everyday. I wanted to share my new flies.

Some things I read over and over and hear on tv shows is that bigger flies/lures catch bigger fish. I grew up next door to Jimmy Houston in Oklahoma and did lots of bass fishing. With those roots I have tried to tie a pattern that mimics my favorite lures. I am still working on the plastic worm but I feel I have modified my wooly bugger to imitate a tube that spin casters use.

I tied these flies on a long size 6         (though I plan to go bigger) with rubber legs, craft fur and lead eyes. They are about 3 inches long but have a thick body. They fish deep and swim well.

I tried them out at mason neck this weekend and every bass I caught was at least 3 pounds. I hope the small mouth like them too.




--
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment