Monday, May 26, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Peacock Fishing in Miami

A few weeks ago I made a trip home to Miami to see my parents and got a little fishing in with my Dad. We fished with Alan Zaremba, a guide we have fished with in the past who really knows the canals and lakes of South Florida. Alan picked my Dad and me up at the back of our house on the canal I grew up fishing. Normally he would be targeting big fish on beds, and while that kind of sight fishing can be exciting, we try to avoid targeting spawning fish if possible. So we worked some areas Zaremba had seen actively schooling and feeding fish the prior day. We were throwing 5 and 6 wts. I started with a 5 inch Clouser Minnow, but we quickly noticed my Dad was out fishing me with a Glades Minnow. I switched over and started getting more consistent action also. We didn't slay them, but we did get bunch of peacocks with some quality fish. I think we could have gotten a lot more if we had a sink tip with the Glades Minnow, but we had only rigged up floating lines. Something to remember for next time, but it is a lot more fun to throw floating if you can get away with it.

It was a fun half day with my dad, and I hope to do it again soon!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/03545fc7-1334-4c01-80bd-a2e031e0f99e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment