Tuesday, May 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} My new bass killers!

Hey all,
Seeing as I am off work for a while now, I have had lots of time to play with flies, tie new patterns and fish almost everyday. I wanted to share my new flies.

Some things I read over and over and hear on tv shows is that bigger flies/lures catch bigger fish. I grew up next door to Jimmy Houston in Oklahoma and did lots of bass fishing. With those roots I have tried to tie a pattern that mimics my favorite lures. I am still working on the plastic worm but I feel I have modified my wooly bugger to imitate a tube that spin casters use.

I tied these flies on a long size 6 (though I plan to go bigger) with rubber legs, craft fur and lead eyes. They are about 3 inches long but have a thick body. They fish deep and swim well.

I tried them out at mason neck this weekend and every bass I caught was at least 3 pounds. I hope the small mouth like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment