Thursday, January 16, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Fly fishing in Oahu DIY

I fished Lake Wilson last year. I researched whether it could be done from shore. I ended up hiring a guide and was glad for it - boat is definitely the way to go. The very few spots that are shore accessible tend to be occupied by homeless folks. The banks are really steep everywhere else, and I was keeping an eye out. Fish weren't super plentiful that day (it was kind of cold for HI when I went in February) but I did get a few small peacocks, and had a really cool shot at a 5 lber. Oh, and technically, you're not allowed to guide on Lake Wilson, so it's kind of hush hush, but I'll send you the name of my guy if you wanted. 

Listen to Cary re: the accessible shore spots. Wish I had known to ask her before I went!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/0db04604-b4a5-4104-b8e9-b74ee3f0daee%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment