Monday, January 13, 2020

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Fly fishing in Oahu DIY

Do what you gotta do, I guess. Definitely post a trip report when you get back. Are you going to ISA?

On Monday, January 13, 2020, 10:49:34 AM EST, Bobby Davis <robert.davis.bd@gmail.com> wrote:


Well, I'm not going to do that.  At a minimum I'm going to go to Lake Wilson and fish for Peacock Bass, so I wanted to see what else there was in terms of opportunities in the surf. 

On Monday, January 13, 2020 at 7:50:18 AM UTC-6, Miles wrote:
Sounds like a fun trip, but I am going to put a plug in for leaving the rod at home. Hawaii has basically zero regs for inshore fishing, so there are not a lot of fish left for DIY anglers. I went several years ago, and didn't catch anything. I fished off Oahu, Kauai, and the big island. Maybe Rob Snowhite will jump in with his experience on Oahu; he caught some small fish, if I recall.

If I ever go back, I won't take a rod. I'll spend more time surfing.




--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/dE2NsIscqeU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/10a36d18-bee8-4ce3-958e-5d579f73dceb%40googlegroups.com
.

No comments:

Post a Comment