Saturday, April 28, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} San Juan, PR

I have fished for tarpon twice I Puerto Rico. The first time I fished lagoon near the international airport. This is nursery water for juvenile tarpon and, when I was there, they were rolling on th surface everywhere. The problem is that this is brackish water so you are not sight fishing. You cast to where the just rolled but they may no longer be there. Nonetheless my son and I caught tarpon. There are several guides/outfitters that work this area.

The second place I fish, and highly recommend, is a 2 1/2 hr drive from San Juan near the town of Boqueron on the Southwest corner of PR. There is a great captain who specializes on sight fishing to schools of juvenile tarpon up to 60lbs. His name is Capt Francisco "Pochy" Rosario, aka The Tarpon Hombre. He has a very nice flats boat and can furnish fly gear if necessary. We sight cast to, and caught, tarpon continually for the 4 hrs I hired him.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/00d2bc0e-a4df-46a9-8e68-a98d6d066809%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment