Monday, April 16, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Planning a trip to the Eastern Shore

I'm planning a similar visit in early May. While we'll have access to a boat, I may have some time on either end of the trip when I'll be there without a boat. Any suggestions for canoe or SUP activities would be very welcome. I'm of the impression that the backbays on the ocean side may not be advisable for SUP action thanks to the significant shark population. 

On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 12:27:02 PM UTC-4, HeaveToo wrote:
Hrm...my biggest Fly Rod is an 8 weight and I don't have the funds in the boat account to get a bigger outfit so a cobia on that could be a bit interesting!

I do like fishing the creeks.  Particularly the grass as the tide falls from High Tide.  I had a great trip on the Coan River where that pattern worked out well.  Any creeks on the south end worth hitting?  How about Fisherman's Island?

My big plan is to go down there with flexible targets.  If one situation doesn't work out try something else.  I wouldn't mind flounder either, stripers are nice, and of course I puppy drum, or what ever else we can get to bite at the time.  If the Bay is rough fish inside etc. 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/a16ec44a-f86e-490f-bd18-c23d932b142a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment