Friday, April 27, 2018

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Shorts vs Pants for flats wading

I used to wear Bass Pro pants (Worldwide Sportsman) zip offs.  It made it easier to stay cool when walking the flats.

 

Then I started fishing in the Carolinas and places with oyster bars would shred the bottom of the pant legs, and also in the Potomac and sliding down rocks or rubbing up against submerged boulders and old dam construction would rip the pants up.

 

I started fishing with Patagonia Guidewater pants, and have settled on Simms Guide pants, usually in tan.  They both dry very quick and do not have zip off pants, which is fine because they're still light enough to keep me cool.

 

I have to hem my pants.  31" inseam.   Thing to look for is IF you have to have your pants hemmed, make sure you buy pants that don't have snaps or buttons on the bottom that taper the ankle.

 

Regards,

 

R

 

 

From: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Rob Snowhite <rob@robsnowhite.com>
Reply-To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Date: Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9:34 AM
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Shorts vs Pants for flats wading

 

I have been wearing Bass Pro quick dry pants for years. Zip off knees if I want to wear Magnum PI style shorts.
What I look for in wading pants is a shorter than normal inseam. When the pants get wet they are heavy and the legs will be pulled down and I end up stepping on my bottoms on the boat and getting tripped up when wading. I look for a 28" inseam to account for the added length the pants get when wet. I normally wear a 32".

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 3:25:43 PM UTC-4, Tim Donaldson wrote:

Been dialing in my gear and clothes for a trip to the Bahamas in 3 weeks.  Question for anyone who was done any tropical flats wading:

 

Shorts or pants?  I plan on being covered up completely up top, but I don't easily burn and would much rather wear shorts.  Also, underneath should I wear my compression type smartwool boxer briefs?  Something different?

 

I've done tons of surfcasting in surf shorts, but I'm concerned about chafing while covering ground on the flats.  Any advice or insight would be appreciated.      

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to
tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/bfc3fd71-730b-4295-b820-cd29087e5687%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment