Friday, April 13, 2018

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Planning a trip to the Eastern Shore

This summer I am planning a trip around the first week of June.  I am going to take my bay boat down to Kiptopeake.  I think that I have a lot of options for fishing and I really want to try to hit the barrier islands.  I figure I will try to hit the Bay one day or so depending on the weather, but I really would like to fish the other areas some.

I have read the rumors of tarpon etc and I know that I am way early for that.  Still, the idea of flounder and Reds is very alluring.

Have any of you guys been down there and fished the inside of the barrier islands?  Other than bug spray, any suggestions or tips?

I do realize that the area can be dangerous and I respect it a lot.  The boat is set up with VHF and a chartplotter (then again I know that the shoaling and shifting sands render charts out of date quickly in an area like that).  I plan to proceed with caution and give the place the respect it is due. 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ce001212-f932-40de-baa1-9c089688740d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment