Tuesday, May 31, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: OBX Fishing Report/Review

I actually spoke with her about casting instruction and she told me to schedule a lesson or two with Mark Kovach, who was her primary casting instructor (according to her, "he's forgotten more about fly casting than I'll learn in my lifetime"). She also learned to cast from Lefty Kreh, who apparently took her on as a casting pupil, and it definitely showed.

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 7:51:05 PM UTC-4, Yambag Nelson wrote:
lol no worries.  I was half giving you a hard time and half curious if she really taught you hold to cast that far (of course not knowing how far you could cast prior)  in a couple hours because if so I would make a trip down there just for a casting lesson.

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 7:16:45 PM UTC-4, Andrew R wrote:
Yambag,

I later realized just how far 40 yards really is, so yeah that's probably a bit (or a lot) of an overstatement. I was actually getting the whole line out which was definitely a personal first as I typically get ten yards and a nice cascade of tangled line.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/e5c34821-570b-4785-94ae-1eb3b2b1eff3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment