Thursday, February 28, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Is fishing escapist, or is it the other way?

Thank you for the reading suggestions -- I enjoy reading and used to do a lot more of it than I currently do.  Calvin and Hobbes reflects how I feel about most things in life, but I really like a lot of the writing from the fly fishing community as well.  I'll probably pick up some of this stuff used on Amazon and/or bother members if they have copies ;).  But I won't return them though just so you know -- at least not in good condition anyway ;).  I borrowed a coworker's 4-piece 8 weight combo the other day and told him I'd return it in at least that many pieces.  

I guess a lot of you folks tend to feel the same (at least to some degree) -- maybe that's what is great about fishing.  Honestly I don't mind my job and I definitely don't feel like I have a right to complain - it's just "any job" wouldn't hold a candle to this hobby.  

On a side note, I spend way, way too much time online looking up fly patterns and and checking this forum.  Is there a support group for this?  Like in Fight Club?  I guess there are worse things, like golf, heroin and being a NY Rangers fan.  BTW - Aaron, I've read that book.  I think that book was read to me when I was little, along with "too much junk food" with the Berenstain Bears.  Good stuff.  

Anyway - I appreciate the reading tips!  

Gene

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:57:51 PM UTC-5, Misha Gill wrote:
Haha, way to bring it home Matthew!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/xu0JZTWdAzMJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment