Wednesday, February 27, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Is fishing escapist, or is it the other way?

Turbine Blade, I'm with you. If I were to be furloughed I would have the same reaction! I too work in an office environment, thankfully a casual one and thankfully my coworkers are pretty cool, but it still involves a commute, a computer screen and a chair. The working world seems like a bunch of zombies biding time until retirement. Monitoring the levels of their bank accounts. Watching what they say depending on who's in front of them. It's not the absolute worst thing but I wish all this would have struck me harder when I started doing it twenty something years ago.

While I plot my transition out of here I, too, get sidetracked all the time. I regularly stop and think about tying flies and the many places I'm going to explore this week, next week, next month, next year. Maybe it is an escape, or maybe the next reality. I don't even care about characterizing it any more, since those who don't share this passion surely will.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to springtime! And what a great passage by Robert Traver. That really sums it up well.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/KsENjinT5JgJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment