Tuesday, November 27, 2012

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Sling Packs / Alternate to vests

I also have the Orvis safe passage sling pack, it gets the job done but it could be better.  I just looked up that Patagonia sling, I wish I would have known about that one sooner.  The water bottle holder is a great feature.  I try and cram one in the Orvis sling and it is a pain to keep zipping and unzipping to get to it.  I also like the fold down work station on the Patagonia bag that the Orvis does not have.  The one thing that I didn't like at first with the sling is that the strap goes over my right shoulder which is my casting shoulder.  I guess I am getting used to it now but it is something to consider.  It does have some good places to hook zingers and other accessories on to, and I like the magnetic forceps holder on the strap.
 
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:09:51 PM UTC-5, Jeff Silvan wrote:
I'm trying to round out my Christmas list, and I figure some type of alternative to a vest would be a good addition. The pocket in my waders is usually enough storage for most of the fishing I do, but falls a bit short when I want to be out longer and bring a small snack and water - or if I want to bring my spare spool with my sinking line. I'm at a bit of a toss up between the Simms Dry Creek Flats Pack or the Simms Headwaters Sling Pack. Anyone have any input? 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/7BMB_J8XjCUJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment