Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Sling Packs / Alternate to vests

I have the Orvis sling pack and I guess I didn't read the instructions.  I always wear it around my body with the strap over the left shoulder and my head thru the strap.  This lets me slide the pack around my body to get into it (the zippers come up on top ) and I never use the second strap.  I looked at the Patagonia web site and I under stand how a sling pack would bother you if you cast right handed.  I'll continue to wear mine the wrong way - I like it.

 
Bruce Mathews
703.772.7167

From: Mako <haverlim@yahoo.com>
To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:50 AM
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Sling Packs / Alternate to vests

Even though this is always a very personal coke vs. pepsi kind of thing, I still always seem drawn toward chipping in.

The one thing I could never understand is why Patagonia and Orvis make the sling packs go over the right shoulder.  I'm right handed and prefer the strap over my left shoulder.  I have an older William Joseph sling that goes over the left.  I think their newer models do as well...or are ambidextrous.

But after much trial and error I've settled on a Fishpond Waterdance lumbar pack.  Good amount of storage, two water bottle holders (using them both makes is a bit heavy, admittedly), fold-down bench, and has a strap that can make it into a makeshift sling pack you can shorten up if you are wading deep.



On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:09:51 PM UTC-5, Jeff Silvan wrote:
I'm trying to round out my Christmas list, and I figure some type of alternative to a vest would be a good addition. The pocket in my waders is usually enough storage for most of the fishing I do, but falls a bit short when I want to be out longer and bring a small snack and water - or if I want to bring my spare spool with my sinking line. I'm at a bit of a toss up between the Simms Dry Creek Flats Pack or the Simms Headwaters Sling Pack. Anyone have any input? 
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/ny78Zg-pgc8J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment