Monday, November 13, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Tennessee Rivers

I learned to fly fish on the Holston after college at Chapel Hill Got to the point where I would skip NC freestones because the Holston is that much better.

I've fished it for the past ten years. Recommend the guides at Trophy Water. Plan a two day trip and fish with a guide on day one. I usually fish with a guide on my birthday each year for a full day float. Pressure is lighter in Jan Feb and the fish will eat. Spring Summer and Fall you really don't want to wade on the pretty weekends unless you're a first and last light type. Otherwise it's bring your own rock. And don't bother with the big holiday weekends.

When I started and the river was less popular I could book cabins the night before arriving (which is perfect bc that's when the TVA flows are posted). Now I have to book in advance and hope for good conditions!

I would post a photo or ten but cant figure that out.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/1f008757-41a2-4e06-9658-3e0c0ba7b731%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment