Monday, November 20, 2017

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Flyfishing in Maine

Hi guys,
This may seem like a long way off, but I want to start planning sooner than later....I'm going to go to Maine next summer for a week to fish and am looking for help nailing down a couple questions...

1.  When is the best time to go?  I am thinking sometime around the 4th of July.

2.  Where am I supposed to fish?  I want to fish mostly rivers, but with five days or so of fishing, I can take some side trips to ponds and what not.  Ideally, I would locate rivers I want to fish, and using the Maine TU ponds and lakes google earth layer, find ponds that are nearby too.

3.  Where should I stay?  I am looking to camp at state parks or low cost campgrounds....can't pay for the lodge life.  

4.  Anybody got a favorite fly shop up there that would help me out?  Just looking for basic info (see questions above), not there==ir honey hole.  


Any info at all would be appreciated, including contacts in Maine if anyone has one, who would be willing to dish info. 


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/15fd50b1-b9b8-49ee-ae3f-6b9a517c4bcd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment