Monday, November 13, 2017

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Costa Sunglasses Lens Color

Per plastic vs. glass. My Costa yellow lens has a large, single scratch right in front of my pupil. I can't see out of them. They are great for low light levels mentioned earlier. I keep them in a case when not in use. Not sure how the scratch got there.

My glass lenses have been hit with moving branches, dropped on the floor by my kid, and have taken a few flies to them from client back casts with no damage. They are easier to clean and provide the clearest vision of any glass I have worn. I have had the lenses break twice.  Once when I rested my glasses on my hat and they fell off and cracked - may have been the same day Stankus and I were chasing wild chickens in the Gravelly lot. The other time I was cleaning them a bit to rough and the lens fell out and hit a rock. Both my fault.

I can bring my Costas tonight if anyone wants to try the weights. The yellow framed ones stink of potpourri so heads up.



From: 'Howard Abramowitz' via Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
To: Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders <tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 10:00 AM
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Costa Sunglasses Lens Color

Glass is more expensive, but better optics/longevity, but if you're worried about safety plastic is a better bet (there is a reason safety glasses are plastic). I also like the fact that the plastic lenses are lighter, my 580Gs would give me a headache by the end of the day.


On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 11:36:20 AM UTC-5, William Hea wrote:
I broke my grey Costa Hatches on a roller coaster. The repair costs for new lenses cost as much as a new pair of hatches, so I'm going to buy a different model with full frames instead. 

What color lenses do you suggest for fishing around trees and the environment we have in the DC area? I found my grey lenses to be a little too dark in the shade. Also, is there a big difference between glass and plastic lenses? I'd prefer 1 general purpose set of glasses, but I could be convinced to do eventually purchase 2. 
--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/4934a136-274d-462d-ba27-119092cbf015%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


No comments:

Post a Comment