Thursday, July 28, 2016

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Whats in your First Aid Kit?

My 'big' first aid kit is also kind of a survival kit, so in addition to much that you mentioned I include a sewing kit (been thinking about getting a curved needle), a BIC lighter, and for when things get really rough, a few mini bottles of whiskey. 

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 10:55:07 AM UTC-4, Connor Donovan wrote:
Hey guys,

I've been going through my gear the past week and noticed that my small first aid kit I carry is totally kaput - I have no idea when it happened but water ruined just about everything.  Before I replace my small one and make a larger one dedicated for overnight raft/car camping trips, I'm curious to hear what you guys carry on day trips or what you carry on overnight trips either in the car or in the boat.

I'm thinking for the small kit a variety of band aids, triangle bandages, antibiotic ointment, Advil/Tylenol, gloves, tweezers, mole skin, super glue, butterfly band aids.  For the large - more of the items in the small kit, variety of gauze pad sizes, horse warp, SAM splint, saline wash, safety pins, CPR mask, emergency blanket, waterproof matches and a small candle, orange duct tape, Imodium,  a small eye wash kit, Benadryl, tooth ache relief, burn relief ointment, a Leatherman, small flashlight, sharpie marker.

If there is anything else that you guys carry or don't see on my list, I'd love to hear it.  Or if you think items in the above are redundant and not necessary.  I'm no EMT but am CPR certified and am confident I know how to use all the above stuff.

Is there anything first aid related to you don't go fishing without it?

Have you ever needed something that you didn't bring? 

And do any of you have SPOT or emergency locator beacons or experience using them?  I've been toying with the idea to get one for a long, unguided, wilderness trip I'm taking in 2017 and would love to hear about people's experience with them - both good and bad.

Thanks,

Connor


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/b0051199-6032-461a-979d-96440d2b1388%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment