Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Overnight Float Trip - Montana or Utah

If you don't already have one of these,

get one.

Then look for the blue lines.  Dotted lines might require some high clearance.

Carl

--
Carl Zmola

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Andrew LaVigne <andrewrlavigne@gmail.com> wrote:
The Madison, Gallatin, and Ruby all have fairly easy state access sites off the roads that parallel them. the East Gallatin has one or two accesses just north of the interstate in Bozeman as well. it'll be very easy to fill up a day and a half of wade fishing around there. Wouldn't bother making the drive to the Big Hole from Bozeman for wading if you've got 2 days of guided floating. 

From Butte, the Big Hole makes a little more sense, and you're also not terribly far from the upper end of Rock Creek near Phillipsburg, the upper Clark Fork, Little Blackfoot, or Flint Creek, but again, drive time is no joke out there - if somebody says 2 hours, it means 2 hours at 90mph. Georgetown Lake is another option, but better from a boat. 

Check out this website http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/whereToFish/fishingGuide.html  for access ideas


On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 11:38:58 AM UTC-4, jamie.charles1 wrote:
I have decided on doing the Big Hole for two days guided. I will be in the Bozeman and Butte area though for about 1.5 days before that and will be looking to get into some fishing on my own. I'm sure it is easy to find a good shop to point me in the right direction when I am out there but I am beginning to look into where I can explore on my own during these first couple of days that I land out there. Is the area pretty accessible or should I plan on bushwhacking my way to some good water? Thanks again for all the input.

This group really makes planning for these trips so much easier and helps me gain confidence in my choices.

On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 5:32:58 PM UTC-4, Cameron Abbott wrote:
I have had my eye on a trip to the middle fork of the Salmon river in Idaho. I saw it through Orvis travel and took a deeper look into it, which i say looks fantastic. I do not know if you are looking for a single night or multiple but this on is a week. Its through Solitude River Trip. Take a look at their site for pics but i am trying to do this trip soon!!! You can fish or white water raft if you have a non fisher with you, which is part of the reason i my get to do this trip as i will bring my wife.

http://www.rivertrips.com/ 

On Friday, July 8, 2016 at 11:39:19 AM UTC-4, jamie.charles1 wrote:
I know a question like this might be too broad and/or might cause a couple disagreements but I have to ask. I have decided to finally plan a trip I have dreamed about now for a long time, only I am having difficulties narrowing it down to a location. I am hoping this group could lend some advice and reasoning to my decision. 

I will be planning an overnight float trip out west and although Montana comes to mind first, I have always wanted to fish the Green River in Utah as well. So my question for whoever might be interested in helping an indecisive angler plan a trip is:

1. Which western state would you recommend?
2. Which river would you choose?
3. Is there a guide service you have used before?

Again, I know this is a very broad question and has numerous factors in determining the answer (experience, season, costs, etc.) but as I have no experience in western rivers, I figured any and all insight would be better than nothing. 


So thank you for any help!!!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/f357ed22-c75f-4da6-9752-4b168a4acac2%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CAK8gq%2BG2KqoBQrRmMMNS804AbOcDHQgvr6Awd%3DXb%2BSwoCb-oaw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment