Wednesday, April 29, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Good fishing tandem kayak

I probably need to switch to decaf - but still!  I do prefer canoes over kayaks.

That said, I'd rather have a kayak (or a large piece of dock foam) to at least get to where some fish are vs. nothing.  I just think people write off canoes as "old stuff" when they're actually quite useful and (ironically) lighter than kayaks of a similar length. 

If I fished a lot of SW I might prefer the SOT kayak for obvious reasons.   

Gene

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 11:30:41 AM UTC-4, D. Walker wrote:
I just got a sit on top kayak, and now I am in the world of kayak fly fishing, (I may try my hand at crabbing). I wanted something to get me on the water so I can target snakeheads bass etc...
 
as I have been viewing kayak fishing forums the one thing that stuck out in my mind when talking about tandem kayaks are "its like walking 2 dogs at once, it can be done but its a pain in the ass"  that may be referring to 2 adults in a kayak though.
Some guys on those forums get a large 1 person kayak [like a Jackson big tuna etc] and rig a seat for their child on it then when their child is old enough they get them their own kayak.
 
I grew up fishing out of a canoe with my dad [we still fish out of the same canoe] and enjoyed it, just being out on the water is awesome.

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 10:31:24 AM UTC-4, otmastiff wrote:
I did some searching here but wanted to see if there are any new opinions. I am getting rid of my paddleboard and moving to a kayak so I can take the kid out more easily. Interested in opinions on good stable tandems?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/8a19b896-0f59-430a-83f7-b5b86cd00307%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment