Friday, April 24, 2015

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Carpal tunnel syndrome and flyfishing

Have the surgery. I just did it last fall. 100% improvement. Commonwealth orthopaedic did mine.

From: HeaveToo
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 3:11 PM
To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Reply To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Carpal tunnel syndrome and flyfishing

I am wondering if anyone else suffers from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  Fly Fishing seems to really irritate mine.

Currently I am having worse than normal issues with it because of the work I was doing on my boat this year.  It is pretty bad in my right hand and I am frequently dealing with numb feelings etc.  I am really trying to avoid surgery.

In the past I noticed that it also is agitated by fly casting.  I think that it has something to do with the position your wrist is in when you are holding the rod and stripping line.  I have tried wearing a brace and casting but that is really hard to do.

Does anyone else deal with this and have suggestions on how to keep this from bothering me when I am fly fishing?

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/09520d3d-cee3-499a-a060-6cbd4d80174d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment