Sunday, April 26, 2015

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Holmes Run 4/26

Wife gave me a kitchen passnforbthe afternoon so I decided to hit Holmes run for panfish and whatever else I could fund. Water was off color, so no surprise. Managed two blue gills and my first trout ever(*). I literally lost three rainbows with leader in hand. First trout was a solid +15-18 inches. That won broke off over water as I had him waist level. Second trout broke off same scenario but right at the waters edge and flopped in to the water. Third and final, broke off same way but in really shallow water. Line broke at the hares ear. I could see the fly at the edge of its mouth. I guess I should invest in a landing net in the future or take better care of my tippet. :-) Was a great way to break in my new fiberglass 5wt.

All trout hiokee in same well fished pool. Had a few of missed trout strikes in the two different pools. I'm surprised these trout are still around. How much longer do you think they'll last?

Tight lines. -John

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/a023357c-3ac4-4323-8684-33d496fc9c8f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment