Friday, April 25, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Delaware river info needed

There are few trout below calicoon.  You can get them, but not where I would go to target them. On the mainstem you generally want to be upstream of hankins. But I would definitely disagree that you want to focus on the branches if you are interested in trout.  Both are very good, but the mainstem has the best fishing for rainbows which in my opinion are the jewel of the system.  Not that there is anything wrong with wild browns, but those rainbows on the mainstem are something else.  Not easy by any means, but they can put you in your backing.  The west branch too crowded for my liking.  The east branch used to have the least pressure due to the fact that most people find it too tough, but that has changed in recent years.  Long Flat has become like cairns pool on the beaverkill.

I am curious where people would suggest for camping.  I have camped at oquaga creek state park and beaverkill campground.  Both are mediocre and not exactly close to the Delaware. 

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:04:20 PM UTC-4, Terry C wrote:
I am planning a two day trip to the Delaware river with my son May 31/June 1st. Most likely I will be camping. Anyone with first hand info on west branch vs east branch vs main stem I would love to hear it. Also any guid recommendations also. Thanks in advance.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/810f9b5d-fb83-47c2-a3d4-316fe8a33030%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment