Sunday, April 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} First Carp

Late last summer I got into chasing carp on the C&O. I had hooked a couple but could never land one. I finally got the monkey of my back today. My fiance wanted to do something outdoors, so I somehow convinced her a stroll along the canal with the fly rod would be a good idea. The carp between locks 8 and 6 were really active. I had quite a few follow, but struggled with the fly sinking too fast and drop out of sight in the muddy water. I also set the hook too soon on a giant one. But finally, it all came together and I got one on a perfect cast. I somehow wrestled it out from under a log before bringing it to the net. Not a big one, but still plenty of fun. 

There's no water above lock 8, but everything else is great right now if you're looking for a shift from the shad. The foliage is still light enough to make casting relatively easy in a lot more places than normal.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/CANiFxBydY%2BQfMOzS5rEpgP5JsE-JP1%2Bwke8MmdRu9EpVLeT-4g%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment