Sunday, January 26, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Somerset Fly Fishing Show on Saturday

No - I'll try to hit it when it comes down here.  More fun with people you know.

If you haven't gone before, it will be really cool (LOTS of stuff to see).

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:51:00 AM UTC-5, Landon wrote:
Nice.  I have never been to one and I plan on attending the one in PA on March 1st, so I just wanted to get a feel for it.  Did you stay for if4?

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:34:32 AM UTC-5, Vic Velasco wrote:
To not break the commercial rule, I'll keep things in broader, non-specific terms.

I thought there were a few less vendors/exhibitors there compared to last year's show, but the ones I wanted to see where there and I got to swing a bunch of flyrods in a relatively close time period to make comparisons in my mind - and really change the direction I thought I was going in (I am looking for a new 5 wt) for the better.  I guess times are still tough for some in the industry (even the vendors that were there this and last year seemed to down size or even share booths - where last year there were some ginormous stands - nothing wrong with being more efficient).

There were also a bunch of new tools on the market that are advertised in internet land - but seeing and handling them at the show helped understand whether it was just hype or if they offer improvements to the way I currently get things done.

Oh and stopping by Cabelas did not hurt either

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:12:49 PM UTC-5, Vic Velasco wrote:
Is anyone interested in carpooling to the show?  I am currently planning on driving up early on Saturday, spending 6 hours or so doing laps  and returning later that same day.  

The weather forecast is calling for cold, but clear skies (at least for now).

I'd ask to split gas/tolls and yack about flyfishing during the drive in exchange for the ride up and down.

If there are more than 4 (me + 3), I can take my wife's minivan (me + up to 5 comfortably, 6 in the rear seats if you don't mind being cozy or are skinny).


--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/43310700-74fa-453b-8d17-7549083dfaf0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment