Sunday, January 26, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: DIY Wading Boots

A long time ago, I used some worn out New Balance 991s as wading shoes over my waders. I cut all the mesh parts out and removed the insole. I started with a set of those ice over-soles and they worked alright (the black parts are rubber) and then I eventually put some STABILicers in the soles - about 9 or 10 per shoe. They worked great, actually. Eventually a I got a pair of bootfoots and threw out the NBs, and now I'm back in stocking foots with studded boots. They have fewer studs (which could be remedied with some STABILicers) and so not as good of traction as the NBs and not quite as nice to wear with neoprene socks for wet wading. 

TL/DR: STABILicers are a good bet if you have a pair of shoes you want to make dedicated wading shoes. Short of that, those over-soles will work okay. 

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:57:28 PM UTC-5, namfos wrote:
Savage River, in my experience. But then I could just be a klutz with balance problems, or I forgot my wading staff at hom

Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/51670a45-939f-4a79-bad5-5c841d48e5df%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment