Monday, January 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: DIY Wading Boots

Actually what Dalton mentioned is not that crazy, I remember as a kid when the stocking foot waders first came out the wading boots consisted of a wool sock and an oversize pair of Chuck Taylor's or similar sneaker/boot setup at least that's what I remember. I have some old pictures from my dad of guys doing this, also as a kid we would take a pair of hip boots and glue carpet to the bottom to make the rubber bottoms less slippery. I would not recommend this today especially with all that's available, I just through away two old pair (Gary Borger wading shoes) a few weeks back I would have given them away if I knew anyone had an interest in them. Anyway I see Orvis has a basic pair for $90 and I get a 25$ discount coupon from them all the time so $65 is decent I'm sure llbean, cabelas, etc have some inexpensive options. I would go this route have good footwear so you don't fall, slip, etc in the river and get hurt or worse.

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/d044c33f-3aff-4de7-a653-28fc23564b7c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment