Wednesday, January 29, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Anyone fish along the Northwest Branch Trail?

Alek - I live about 5 min from the NW Branch and can say sadly that it does not have holdovers. It barely has holdover bass. But do give it a try once its stocked, you won't believe you're in the beltway once you're down in the gorge. And you may get into a nice smallie as a surprise. All you need is a 3wt and a bugger and sneakers once it warms up.

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:34:10 AM UTC-5, Alek wrote:
Does anyone know whether the Northwest Branch (of the Anacostia) is likely to have holdover trout over the winter?  I think it was stocked in the fall but won't be stocked again until march.  

On Monday, June 25, 2012 2:10:47 PM UTC-4, Todd Kuethe wrote:
In the mile or so stretch I've explored, you could easily fish from the shore in a number of spots, but you'll likely be limited to roll casts.  I waded just because it's more fun.  I also target prettier areas for the same reason.  

Switch Fisher has a nice breakdown of the stream with pictures (1)  http://www.switchfisher.com/trout_content/eastern_maryland/TroutHike-NorthwestBranch.html  and (2)  http://www.switchfisher.com/trout_content/eastern_maryland/NorthwestBranchOverview.html 

On Monday, June 25, 2012 1:08:19 PM UTC-4, Justin Schoop wrote:
I am definitely thinking of trying it out in the near future. Did you wade at all or fish from the bank?

On Monday, June 25, 2012 10:23:23 AM UTC-4, Todd Kuethe wrote:
I've fished the section almost directly below 495.  It's really pretty and a fun spot to fish.  I couldn't get the few trout I saw interested (stupid goldens!), but the panfish were incredibly fun a the dry fly.  Highly recommend you check it out.

On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:24:22 PM UTC-4, Justin Schoop wrote:
A friend recommended that I fish this creek. He's ridden by it on his bike and knows that I'm into fly fishing so recommended it. I'm just wondering if anyone here has experience along that trail. I want to try it out since I can bike there. Cheers!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/9f9f8fc0-3bdf-4923-9c3d-0fc97759bfae%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment