Monday, January 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Rename the Snakehead?

I couldn't agree with you more Sam. I think they are actually very good looking fish. They seem to get darker and have less distinct patterning when they get bigger, but are still very cool looking.
 
As far as re-naming Snakeheads...I guess I would like to see the name stay the same. The only other name that really works would be Raging Bitch. Not only is Raging Bitch (Flying Dog Brewery) one of my favorite beers, the similarities between this fish and this amazing IPA are uncanny. They are both delicious, Snakeheads for their firm white flesh and Raging Bitch for its hoppiness. They are both strong, Snakeheads with their thick muscular frame and Raging Bitch coming in at 8.3% alcohol by volume. And they are both imports, SH's originally from Asia and RB's coming to you from Flying Dog Brewery originally based in Colorado....now Frederick, MD.

 If you can name a beer after a fish, why cant you name a fish after a beer?

 Actually, now that I think about it, the more types of beer and fish that share names the better. Think about the possibilities.....

 
           " Hey Honey, I'm gonna go out with Steve and see if we can get into some Raging Bitches"
                    "Ok, have fun and good luck!"
 
Yea, I will have fun, because I was not talking about the invasive species Channa Ragus Bitchius, I was talking about an 8.3% IPA. And I wont need any luck because I can name four "watering holes" within as many miles that have Raging Bitch at the ready and have a Golden Tee machine waiting to take my dollar bills five at a time.
             
            "Hey hun, Rob has been hitting the Striped Bass pretty hard the past few days, I think he needs my help"
                     " Wow. That's not good. You should go help him out, good luck"
 
Mm-Hm.  It actually is good, because I am not talking about Striped Bass Pale Ale. I am actually talking about Striped Bass. Again, probably not gonna need much luck, as my guide buddy Rob has dialed them in over the last few days and  I am going to go catch a bunch of right now.
 
I really think we may have stumbled onto something here.....
 
 -Trent "Tangent o Tangent" Jones

 
 
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:29:36 PM UTC-5, namfos wrote:
Don't.

I hope I'm not violating any terms of use here. IF so, just hit delete, Dan.

This item in the WaPo Kids Post caught my attention this morning: http://wapo.st/1egVD7B

Northern Snakehead is a perfectly acceptable common name for Channa argus in my book. I've yet to catch one, but when I do, I like the potential drama of bragging, "hey, man, I caught a freaking snakehead!" as opposed to "Potomac Pike" or some such nonsense. Plus Commissioner Robinson could stand to be fact-checked.

Any and all who agree with me, please go to www.charlescountymd.gov/snakehead-naming-contest and nominate "Snakehead" or "Norther Snakehead" or "Potomac Snakehead" instead. I'm going with Potomac Snakehead. ;-)

Mark

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/08a18f44-b9be-4b8d-bc99-07e116142c2f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment