Monday, January 27, 2014

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Rod Line-Up Markings?

I've always just sighted down the rod against the sky above and ignored the line-up marks.  You could take some white-out and do your own if you want -- I used to white out my bait rods so I could see the tip move if a catfish or carp was messing around with it in low light conditions ;).  

Gene

On Monday, January 27, 2014 12:41:11 PM UTC-5, Kevin Huntington wrote:
So a couple of my rods don't have line-up markings on the respective pieces near each joint.  The 2 piece is obviously easier to assemble accurately, but the 4-piece is always a pain.  Anyone have any tips for getting around this, or type of paint that I could use to mark myself?  I was thinking craft paint from Michael's or something of the like.  But even then, anyone have a great way to know your pieces are 100% lined up before marking? 
 
Thanks in advance!

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/ab5b7c6f-575f-42b3-9c2b-c6abb0b6baa7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment