Tuesday, April 30, 2013

{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Accotink Creek

Hey Todd - you aren't the guy my wife and I ran into out there this weekend are you?  We we talking to a dude near the "meadow" area who said something about catching browns -- he had a spinning rod and said he often fly fishes, but didn't have time to grab his stuff that day.   Acdtually, Beth did really well that day (and a lot of days lately...) but I was doing crappy most of the morning (missing the few hits I got) but I finally had some luck with a rubber legged woolly bugger.  Actually, I'm convinced that palmering saddle hackle on those suckers isn't worth the effort.  Even with wire ribbing (counter-wrapped, cis and trans-wrapped, wraps overlapping other wraps, etc.) I've had 3-4 get cut by fish right off the bat and start to look "yumpy". 

I like this guy's woolly bugger pattern - I tied a few and they worked like a charm out there:



If that's you, I must say that you have good photography skills.  If that's not you, I'd say you have "average" camera skills, because this distinction matters.  ;) 

Okay, hockey is on now.  My #2 television choice for anything other than River Monsters.  I'm unable to evaluate the credibility of anyone with a British accent -- sue me, I'm from Missouri.  

Gene 

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:56:38 PM UTC-4, TAEHWAN KIM wrote:

The brown and bow are still in the creek and it's nice to fish.

 Todd,

 

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/c4cJmDBRxLwJ.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment