Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Re: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Occoquan Report

Yeah, don't Google that if you're at work. 

From: Eric Y. <theericyoung@gmail.com>
To: tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:35 PM
Subject: {Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Re: Occoquan Report

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what a Red Headed Flasher is...
 

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:23:23 PM UTC-4, HeaveToo wrote:
I spent a few hours in the Occoquan River today.  It was all at the back end of the river.

My first fish was a FAT 17" Large mouth Bass.  He bit on a chartreuse Red Headed Flasher.  Not a bad for the first fish of the year.

A while after him I went for a slight ride in my kayak.  I foul hooked a carp with a clouser.  It was about 20" or slightly longer.  I managed to get him up to the side of my kayak and got the hook out.  I hooked him around the anus area.  That was a strong fish! 

The last fish I caught was about a 17" American Shad.  he bit on the chartreuse Red Headed Flasher.  He put up a good fight.  I wish I had brought my phone to get pictures of the Largemouth and the Shad.  All I managed to do is measure them.  
--
http://www.tpfr.org/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tidal-potomac-fly-rodders/-/lKvFNEgmFS0J.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment